If you’re worried about someone else's mental health and wellbeing, there are a number of things you can do. 

  1. Talk
  2. Report
  3. Get support

Talk -

If you're worried about someone, you can check in with them and see how they are, and if they feel comfortable to talk through any concern. However, if you're not sure, you can contact Student Advice on 01522 583600 (or email: studentadvice@bishopg.ac.uk) and discuss it with the team - you do not have to mention the person's name if you do not wish to.

If you believe someone is in immediate danger or seriously injured, you should call 999 (or 112 from a mobile).  

If you are a member of a Trade Union, you may be able to access support through its services. There are a number of trade unions in our industry including UCU, UNISON and NUT and you can contact them to see what support they can provide.

Report - 

You can make an anonymous disclosure which will allow us to investigate mental wellbeing concerns in particular areas of the organisation.

Get support - 

Please visit our Student Advice pages to signpost the person affected, or if you want to discuss how you can best support someone. 


There are two ways you can tell us what happened